Ancient cities of Turkmenistan, 6 days
Arrival in Ashgabad. Transfer to the hotel. Check-in. Resting time. Night at the hotel.
Start city tour with visits to Ertogrul Gazy Mosque, Independence Park with Monument of Independence (it's a 118m column that consider the highest building in the country), Neutrality Arch - an unique composition that rotates slowly after the sun. Visiting National Museum, where you can see more than 166 unique exposition from Ancient Merv and Nissa.
A trip to ancient Nissa (18km from Ashgabad) that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the ruins of the ancient city (the date of foundation of the I millennium BC - I millennium BC). Return back to Ashgabad. Visit en-route Turkmenbashi Mosque-Mausoleum. It's considered the biggest in Central Asia (10 thousands of people). There're beautiful garden and fountains near the mosque.
Transfer to the hotel. Night in the hotel.
Breakfast in the hotel.
Transfer to the airport.
06:15 depart to Mary by morning flight.
06:55 arrival in Mary.
Excursion to Ancient Merv (UNESCO). Discover historical park with: Sultan Sanjar Mausoleum, Mohammed bin Said Mausoleum, medieval castles – “Kesk” fortresses (6-7 centuries) and others. Return to Mary. Visit the History museum of Merv region.
Transfer to airport.
19:20 evening flight to Ashgabad.
20:00 arrival in Ashgabad.
Transfer to the hotel.
Breakfast in the hotel.
Continue city tour around Ashgabad with visiting to Anau mosque ruins; Ahalteke horse stables, where you will have an opportunity to see the most beautiful horses on the Earth. A visit to Carpet Museum and (Sunday) bazaar.
Transfer by car to gas crater Darwaza (260 km North from Ashgabad).
In 1971 geologists accidentally found an underground cavern filled with natural gas. The ground beneath the drilling rig collapsed, leaving a large hole with a diameter of about 50-100 meters. To avoid poisonous gas discharge, it was decided to burn the gas. Geologists had hoped the fire would go out in a few days but it has been burning ever since. Locals have named the cavern The Gate to Hell, and the sight of the crater at night indeed gives a somewhat spooky feel.
The views are most impressive in the dark, and an overnight stay in tents near the crater is a unique experience, especially when accompanied by a barbeque dinner.
Night in the tent camp.
In the morning transfer to Kunya-Urgench. On arrival, lunch and then rest time.
Start sightseeing tour with visiting: the founder mausoleum of Sufi sects "Kubra" Nadzhimetdin Kubra (XII-XIII centuries); the mausoleum of Mongolian princess Torebeg-Hanym (XII-XIV centuries); minaret Mamun (X-XI centuries); minaret Kutlug-Timur (XII-XIV c, the highest minaret in Central Asia - 67m height); mausoleum Kyrkmolla (II in BC - III A.D.); mausoleum Arslan II (the oldest building in the city - date of its bookmark is roughly estimated by XI century).
Moving to Dashoguz. Transfer to the airport.
20:10 flight to Ashgabad
21:00 arrival in Ashgabad
Meeting, transfer to the hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
Transfer to the airport. The end of the tour.
OR OTHER HOTELS OF THE SAME LEVEL
Group of people
Price per 1 person
- Visa support (Letter of Invitation, State Registration, Travel Pass)
- Road transport in private air-conditioned vehicles, regular or SUV/4WD as per table (pls. see table below for seating capacity)
- Accommodation based on shared double hotel room, including breakfast
- Accommodation based on shared trekking tent (incl. sleeping mat, sleeping bag and pillow), including breakfast and dinner (TL in private tent)
- English-speaking guide-interpreter services (GIT: escort guide, also on transfers; FIT local guides), as per price differentiation
- Entrance fees to sites mentioned in the program, as per price differentiation
- Bottled water 1,5 ltr pppd
- Porter services
- Air tickets for international flights;
- Air tickets for local flights;
- Turkmenistan tourist visa, when obtained at Ashgabat Airport
- Turkmenistan migration tax 10+2 USD per person, to be paid at Ashgabat Airport (subject to change)
- Photo/video fees at historical sites and museums
- Tips for local guide(s) and/or driver(s)
- Souvenirs and other personal items
- All other charges and services not mentioned under “Included”
- Fees for the use of photo and video cameras at the monuments;
- Meals (lunches and dinners).